Thursday, June 11, 2009

The End of the Sign


Dear Wayfarer,

We here at the Sign of the Yellow Sphinx merely tell stories. It is your kind and game attempts to answer that make them into proper riddles.

The Sign of the Yellow Sphinx has, as promised, run for exactly a year with postings no less than every two weeks. Unfortunately, we seem to have left our curious dream detective sleeping on the case (you should comment or email me if you really like this story and find the situation intolerable). On the other hand, we did have more werewolves than expected and even a free comic book and trip to Mars.


Yet, as some of you well know, I awake to find myself in an even stranger and less believable city than before.


And yet, as I prostrated myself before the 999 levels of shopping mall in that jewel city, whose name is as long and as beautiful as a tourist brochure, กรุงเทพมหานคร อมรรัตนโกสินทร์ มหินทรายุธยา มหาดิลกภพ นพรัตน์ราชธานีบุรีรมย์ อุดมราชนิเวศน์มหาสถาน อมรพิมานอวตารสถิต สักกะทัตติยะวิษณุกรรมประสิทธิ์ and sat and meditated in the refreshing quiet of its food courts, I found myself again reflecting upon my life on Mars, my adventures with my Master and the Monster Poops I had seen.

And so, to give these recollections some form, I have seen it fit to start another blog, Naak Leuuap (นาค เหลือบ, the metallic blue Naga), which will contain these narratives and also provide true and accurate information about this remote and imaginary city as such would be useful to travelers.

Naak Leuuap นาค เหลือบ will be published over the course of my first year in Bangkok, after which I will be ordaining as a Buddhist monk, for a period to be determined by the unknown weight of my past lives.


And so, after our closing ceremonies here, I invite you to join me at my new fictitious home in another imaginary made up place: it would not be a home without you.


your most humble and grateful,


Van Choojitarom
เเวน ชูจิตารมย์

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Wow, I'm already done with another one. I'm going to run out of blogs soon. I look forward to seeing how Thailand inspired your writing.